- Each developer owns his own component.
- The task should be large enough to keep the developer busy for at least a few days, but can last longer than several weeks as well.
- Ideally, each developer should be given a separate exe or dll to work on in order to minimize collisions with other developers.
- If the same exe or dll needs to be worked on by two or more developers, then try to minimize collisions by assigning them to work on different classes.
- If the same class must be worked on, then try to have them work on different methods.
- Shoot for rarely if ever having two or more developers work on the same class at the same time.