- Write pseudocode and optionally draw a diagram to show how the software will work to meet the requirements.
- The backup developer and the manager or group lead should review it to make sure it meets the requirements before coding is started.
- The pseudocode should not be at such a low-level that it resembles code.
- The pseudocode should explain what is being done and why and not so much how.
- If the code for the pseudocode is likely to be very complex, then a separate detailed pseudocode design should be provided that focuses on how the component will work.